2017-01-16

My Pregnancy Update - Week 16


Yes! It's another week. My morning sickness (mainly vomitting) is still on, which is a little bit depressing. Apart from this, my energy is getting back on. Here is an update of week 16. 

Weight: I got a little bit weight in week 16, it hasn't changed much till week 15, maybe it's because I vomit and could really eat meat during my main meal. I do eat a lot of snack, like bread, yogurt, biscuit between meal. I guess it's just not healthy enough. I can eat more at lunch time, but still I can't eat much at dinner time. There is a day I cooked a very healthy dinner and yummy soup for me and my husband. Once I drink a cup of soup, I feel my stomach is going to burst and I have no mood to eat the geasy dinner. I called my husband and asked him to buy me a sandwiches instead. I'm kind of afraid to eat rice at dinner time since then. 

Significant change in body figure: My belly starts to shows in week 16. If I wear dresses, people may not notice immediately. But when they look again, I guess they will know. For me, it's quite clear, especially when I am showering, I have never seen my belly that big before. It's quite amazing that there is the first time when I look at my big tummy and I would feel happy. Don't get me wrong, I still worry about how my body figure would change, but my husband keeps praising me having a mummy figure, I only eat when I am hungry and wouldn't stuff myself with too much food and have a little walk everyday. Hopefully, this keep me a healthy figure.

Stretch marks: Now my belly starts to grow, I become more aware of weather the stretch marks will develop. So, I start to apply stretch marks cream more often, like two times a day. This has just added into my daily rountine now. 

Emtional breakdown: I watch some pre-pregnancy video on Sunday and heard that some people may throw up till the end of the pregnacy. I litterally burst into tear once I heard the nurse saying that. It's week 16 now and my night time vommiting isn't improving, this really worries me. Husband plays a very important role in comforting me. 

Start thinking about exercising: Now that my energy is back on and am quite awake during the date. I start thinking about doing exercise. I tried to search some of the youtube video that teach me exercise during pregnancy period and have tried squat, breathing exercising and leg stretching exercising now. As I would still throw up at night, so I am now taking it easy and slow from the start. 

Headache: I do have big headache yesterday, maybe I ate too much salty food or I'm drinking not enough water. So I tried to cut of that salty food and bring a carry-on kettle with me wherever I go. I found it very useful. When I am sitting on the sofa, it's so comfy and it now takes quite an effort for me to roll over, stand up and pour a cup of water. I will end up drinking 2 or 3 cups of water a day. Plus, I can't drink a full cup of water everytime as my stomach is not big enough to contain that much of water in one go. If I have a kettle with me, I can have a small portion of water whenever I want. I find this little trick really helps me. 

So far, it is my week 16 update and I hope this helps you mum-to-be out there to prepare for what is coming and thanks for walking through this beautiful yet not easy journey with me. 


2 comments:

  1. Morning sickness sounds horrible, hope it goes away soon!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah so interesting learning about all the changes!!! Hope it's all going well for you. So exciting!

    -A,x
    Mandeville Sisters

    ReplyDelete